Sunday, April 16, 2006

Let the sunshine in...

I spent most of the day cleaning up and opening up the back porch. This house has a really lovely, covered back porch and every winter I put up plywood panels that I made to keep the snow out. Since I didn't live here last year, in fact the house was left empty for a year, those panels had been left up since before the previous winter. There sure was a lot of junk out there that needed cleaned up, but now it's all open and makes the house so much brighter inside. I spent most of my time this three day weekend on my computer, at least I got some good work accomplished today. After I got all the junk cleared out, and the panels down, I swept off the outdoor carpeting on the porch until my sweeper gave out, I think the filters need cleaned. It sure looks a whole lot nicer out there even though there is still a lot of other outside work to be done this year. I felt bad about all the time I spent on my pc this weekend but I feel a lot better after today.

2 comments:

Spider Girl said...

Ahhh...nothing like a little Spring-cleaning. :)

Tai said...

I have some dishes that need washing!

Just kidding! (sort of!)

I'm really glad you visit my blog, you leave all sorts of intelligent and nice comments...thank you!

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts!

p.s.
Spider Girl in the comment there? She's the friend I spend so much time with on Vancouver Island. She taught me how to balance a sword on my head!