Friday, May 05, 2006

Ten (hard) Simple Pleasures

Hey! Gringos! Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! "Margarita Mucho Grande Por Favor" I've been to Mexico twice and that's the only Spanish I know, or ever needed when I was down there. I absolutely adore Mexico, in fact my picture on this blog is from Chichen Itza. I got to climb the Temple of the Sun while I was there, which is to this day, one of my favorite experiences. Being able to look out over the jungle from the top of the pyramid and seeing the other ruins/buildings sticking up out of the rain forest canopy was truly breathtaking.

Well Tenacious T had this on her site and I said I'd "give it a go" so I guess I'm stuck. I found this to be a lot harder than it looked. I don't know maybe this one is easier for Women than it is for Men, but I've tried to come up with "Ten Simple Pleasures", so here ya' go...

  1. Sunday afternoon snuggle-nap (was always my favorite and hands down had to be first).
  2. The smell of her hair in my face and the feel of her soft breath on my skin.
  3. On a swing, watching the sunset, vanilla-chocolate twist in my left hand, and a warm hand in my right.
  4. Deep in the woods, not alone.
  5. Summer, up way earlier than I have to be, sitting on the back porch drinking coffee and listening to the birds sing.
  6. Winter, sitting in front of the fire in my rocking chair drinking coffee in the morning.
  7. Winter Ice storms that knock out the electricity in the neighborhood, so you sit by the fire with candle light, and it is soooooo silent!
  8. Slow dancing, country couples dancing, any dancing where you are holding a woman in your arms (cuz that's the only true dancing anyways!)
  9. Being the "guy" that's invited along on "girl's night out" (women go out to have fun and guys go out to chase women...women are much more fun.)
  10. Spring, when the daffodils pop up and my friends, the trees, wake up from their long winters slumber.
Whew! That was hard but I made it through it. Such stress! Such pressure! Of course, later on, they will just flow out of my mind. It especially got tough right in the middle when my cursor decided to up and leave, but he's back now to lead me down the road of temptation. If I change my mind later, or come up with a better one, can I have a "Do-Over?"

2 comments:

Josh said...

Hope you had a good magarita. I think napping mad everyone's list so far.

Tenacious T said...

Aw - that was a lovely list! Well done!
And I think you can definitely have a do-over any time you want. Or rather, a "to be continued..." I love simple pleasures.