Saturday, July 22, 2006

Rainout

My son and I made a valiant effort to go to the Medieval Faire today but we got rained out. We actually made it all the way to the fairgrounds, all the time hoping the rain would let up, but it never did. The weather channel's radar made it look like the rain ended right around where the fairgrounds are, and we kept thinking we would drive out of it, but this was not the case. They say the Faire is "rain or shine", and I've been there when there were small downpours sending everyone scurrying for the tents, but that was a little too much precipitation for our liking. We turned around and headed back, choosing instead, to try again next weekend. Last weekend we couldn't go because "Z" was out of town at his grandmother's house, and this weekend we had a rainout. I suggested that we could try again on Sunday but "Z" wanted to go to a festival they are having in the small town where he lives and tonight and tomorrow are the last days for it. Next weekend will be better anyways because the theme for that weekend is "Pirate Invasion" which it just so happens is my Medieval Faire Garb. So hope for good weather.

Last week I saw a chubby old woodchuck run out behind my shed, I ran out after him but when I got behind the shed he was nowhere to be found. I love woodchucks, and whenever I pass one beside the road I always yell out at them "Get off the road, Chubby!" Tonight I was looking out my backdoor and he was right beside the deck I am tearing down, just behind my back porch. I stood there watching him for a while, contemplating whether I should run out yelling at him, just to put a little excitement into his life, but I didn't. I just waited and watched until finally he ran under the floorboards that are part of the shed. Now I know where you're living. Maybe he'll become friends with the red squirrel that lives inside my shed and teach the red squirrel to clean up after himself.

The Personality Test on my last post, I found in Spider Walks archives, and this one Hope found at the same site as the personality test. This one has also shown up on Wolgrrrls site and from there traveled to Boston Pobbles site and lord knows where all else it has gone. It's fun watching how these things travel around. I am not surprised that I was linked to this movie since I am always a very calm, cool and collected person, who seldom stresses out over anything..."Getcha motor runnin"...


10 comments:

Hope said...

We have a groundhog that hangs around in the lower yard near the creek...its huge....from the house you'd almost think it was a small bear cub...makes me wonder exactly what is in that creek....

Josh said...

Pirate?? We need pictures!! I bet you are a hoot. Hopefully next weekend will go smoothly for you.

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Hope - LMAO, yes they can get fairly large, the one in my backyard is just a chubby little fella....

Liz - I will try to post pictures if we ever actually get to go...

Spider Walk said...

Major bummer that you and your son got rained out today. I am like you--I tend to place my faith in radar. It's usually a 50/50 shot, but being the optimist I am I would have gone like you two did and hoped for the best.

Pirate Midieval Faire Garb? HOW COOL!
I am on my creaking legs matey a begging you to kindly post a picture or two for your admiring swabbers?

Dang. I really S-U-C-K at pirate talk. You get the notion tho, eh?

Is a woodchuck the same thing as a groundhog? I ask because we have several hilly mounds in our back yard and they are so much fun to watch.

I see them by the road all the time too. They seem to be oblivous to passing traffic,and like you, I call out to them to be careful, and then find myself compulsivly looking in my mirrors as I pass to see if they have retreated to the safety of the grassy shoulders.

I am off to take the personality test you found on Hope's page :)

Tai said...

Hey!
Pirate garb.

COOL!

Belizegial said...

Hey Dagoth, I tried the personality test~lol~
It didn't turn out too well. OMG, sorry I can't post the results.
Trying to make headway with the template changes to my blog, getting somewhere slowly with the help of my teenager who is much more techhie than I am.
Have a great week!
Enid

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Spidey - Fortunately it's not to far way...Pictures will come one way or another...Woodchuck and Groundhog are interchangeable...

Tai - Who would have thought that you would like Pirate Garb...

Enid - Keep trying, the basics are pretty easy once you practice at them a bit...

kimber said...

I do hope you post a few pictures of the pirate you!

Spider Walk said...

Just wanted to stop in a say hello :)
I am heading out back to drink my moring coffee with the birds...only, I don't see or hear any today? Odd...
Have a good one Dagoth.

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Kimber the Wolfgrrrl - All pictures of me, are the Pirate Me...:)

Spidey - Where have your birds gone? I think it may be too hot even for them to sing. Enjoy your morning coffee...