Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Christmas Meme...

In the spirit of Christmas I stole this Christmas meme from Lynda's site, I hope you enjoy it...


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I'm definitely a bag person, so to speak.

2. Real tree or artificial? I have an artificial tree that I bought about twenty years ago. It was a really nice one and very expensive at the time. All the limbs are hand wrapped so it doesn't look like a bottlebrush type tree. It turned out to be a very good investment, I don't think I'll ever have to buy another tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? I didn't get it down out of the attic this year, but normally it goes up Thanksgiving weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the weekend after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? My son and I are both egg-nog-aholics. A long time ago I used to have a really good recipe for making it from scratch and would make it all year long.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A hardbound copy of "My side of the Mountain".

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, not really.

8. Hardest person to buy for? I never have any problems coming up with gifts for anyone.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Me.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? E-Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Sweaters, people buy me sweaters though they have never seen me wear one, I don't know why.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? "The Grinch who stole Christmas" (the old animated version).

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always thought the 23rd wasn't too early to start.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Busted...I made a whole tray of deviled eggs today just for myself...hehehe.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" which my friend "N" and I would always sing at Karaoke around this time. During the entire song we would keep trying to crack each other up.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. To me Christmas is all about being home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yea, all I have to do is sing the song.

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? A star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Lines in stores.

23. What would you like for Christmas? Would the Penguins making the playoffs be too much to ask?

5 comments:

kimber said...

I'm terrible at gift-buying! I'm jealous!

Hope said...

Amen to the old animated version of "The Grinch". I refuse to watch the live action version...I consider it heresy. Merry Christmas....and try not to be too big a grinch with the deviled eggs!

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Kimber - I guess you will just have to practice more. You can go out Christmas gift practice shopping in july...

Hope - I agree with your Grinch assessment totally (except for the deviled egg part)...

Lynda said...

I read this at my folks house. I like your list. I love egg nog, but I didn't get any this year.

:(

Dagoth said...

Thanks Lynda

I also love egg nog but didn't get any this year either. There must be an egg nog conspiracy going on...