Saturday, December 02, 2006

Return of the Zombies...

I've spent most of the day just playing with my blog (they said I'd go blind if I did that, but I'm ok, I did it just until I needed glasses). I updated my template to the new blogger layout. Even though it looks like the old template, it has all the new blogger features, which I have been messing around with.

I found some new ones for changing fonts and colors in different parts of the template, so you might notice this looks a little different than it did before, even if it looks the same.

It didn't seem to like the old code for my Flickr Badge or my Frappr Map so I went to their sites and got new code and they seem to be working fine.

It also has a gui for putting your links into your side bar, but it puts the first one you put in at the bottom of the list, which is kinda backwards from how I think it should work. It will allow you to order them in alphabetical order or in reverse alphabetical order with the flick of a switch, which is nice for people who like to order their links.

I really wish they would add some more fonts even though a font only works if the person viewing the page has the font stored in their computer. You would think we could manage more than eight...

***********************************************

I stole this meme from Tai's Blog a while back and said I would do it, but it sort of got lost in time. So there, now I've done it, even if it is a little late...

1. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up? Gary Bettman the NHL commissioner. I never forgave him for changing the division and conference names. "Because us hockey fans are just too ignorant to remember those old complicated names"...

2. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be? Michael Jackson..."nuff said!"...

3. Who would you really like to just punch in the face? Ok, so I'm not much about hitting girls, but that girl on the timeshares commercial with the facial expressions, just to stop her face from doing that...

4. What is your favorite cheese? Muenster.

5. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your immediate disposal. What kind will you make? Any sandwich as long as the bread is absolutely fresh and soft.

6. You have the opportunity to sleep with the movie celebrity of your choice. We are talking no-strings-attached sex and it can only happen once. Who is the lucky celebrity of your choice? Celebrities have never really done much for me, they just seem like people doing a job. I suppose if I have to pick one it would probably be Jeri Ryan...

7. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who do you pick? Lorrie Morgan...

8. Now that you've slept with two different people in a row, you seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. Holy shit, a hundred bucks! How are you gonna spend it? I'd probably add it to what I'm spending on my son for Christmas...

9. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go? With winter setting in Fiji sounds good right about now...

10. Upon arrival to the aforementioned location, you get off the plane and discover another hundred-dollar bill. Shit! Now that you are in the new location, what are you gonna do? In Fiji I'd spend it on an outrigger canoe and fishing nets so I wouldn't have to come back...

11. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. It is...? This would probably be better if I actually drank...

12. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there? April 19, 2004 and take a little car ride.

13. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place? Everyone goes nekkid!...

14. You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what's the premise? Can't think of a thing.

15. What is your favorite curse word? Pecker head...

16. One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren't really doing anything, they're just standing around your bed. What do you do? As if this hasn't happened before, I invite them back to bed. What does it matter if they had children before anyways?...

17. Your house is on fire, holy shit! You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don't worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely.So what's the item? My little calendar thingy with the feet that my son gave me...

18. The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour? Go buy a gun and shoot the angel of death...

19. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What's it gonna be? I'm able to communicate with all the wild animals and I lead them in a revolt to destroy the humans that are wrecking the planet...

20. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again? Snuggling in bed with "J"...

21. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be? (the answer "nothing" doesn't count) If I have to answer this then you haven't been reading my blog...


22. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But check out this cool shit... you can move to anywhere else in the world! Bitchin'! What country are you going to live in now? Fiji would be nice, but I already mentioned that...

23. This question still counts, even for those of you who are under age. Check it out. You have been eternally banned from every single bar in the world except for ONE. Which one is it gonna be? Since I don't go to bars this one is easy. I pick my ex-bar since I wouldn't go there anyways...

24. Hopefully you didn't mention this in the super-powers question.... If you did, then we'll just expand on that. Check it out... Suddenly, you have gained the ability to FLOAT!!! Whose house are you going to float to first, and be like "Dude, check it out... I can FLOAT!"?. The Dalai Lamas house just to show him I could...

25. The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier has given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous-person of your choice. So which celebrity will you bring back to life? Carl Sagan...

26. The Celestial Gates of Beyond have opened, much to your surprise because you didn't think such a thing existed. Death appears. As it turns out, Death is actually a pretty cool entity, and happens to be in a fantastic mood. Death offers to return the friend/family-member/person, etc. of your choice to the living world. Who will you bring back? See answer #21...

27. What's your theme song? "Whipping Post" The Allman Brothers Band...

8 comments:

Lynda said...

I have this meme bookmarked on one of my blogs so I can do it sometime. I have seen it on a few blogs. I like your answers.

One question: Carl Sagan??

BostonPobble said...

December 26, 1997. Right there with you, my friend.

Love the answers. This might show up over at Pobble Thoughts eventually.

Belizegial said...

I like the idea of Fiji myself :) Sounds nice. I may try this meme sometime on my blog.

Dagoth, my apologies in advance. I am taking this opportunity also to make an appeal from the heart to everyone who visits here on the following subject matter:

This is a "critical" week in the development of the Tour Bus project for the Sahara Aldridge Benefit Concert (concert details are on my blogsite) In fact, I have dedicated my current blog post issue to this event.

As a long-time Rick Springfield fan, I am asking for those of you who can do so, to step forward now and support Mr. Springfield's efforts to help Sahara Aldridge.
Now is the hour as this is going to be an awesome concert event.

The tour bus is FREE and will be rolling into Cape Girardeau, Missouri at 4:00 p.m. on December 7th, 2006.

If you know anyone in this area, remember that Cincinnati is the origination point for the trip.

All are invited from the following "major cities" and surrounding points:

ILLINOIS AND INDIANA: via Interstate 74 WEST then to Interstate 75 SOUTH into downtown Cincinnati; from KENTUCKY via Interstate 71 or 75 NORTH to Cincinnati; MICHIGAN AND ALL UPPER OHIO CITIES via Interstate 75 or 71 SOUTH directly into downtown Cincinnati.

It is a nice drive. Bring along your Rick Springfield CD's to play during the road trip, and remember: The cause is powerful. Sahara Aldridge is 12. She has brainstem Cancer, and she's Going to kick it's ass. But to do so, she needs our support at this time.

To recap: Here are the inbound cities and surrounding points that an invitation is being extended to:
_____

DETROIT, MICHIGAN
CLEVELAND, OHIO
COLUMBUS, OHIO
TOLEDO, OHIO
DAYTON, OHIO
INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY

If you need to touch base with the Tour Bus organizer, please send an e-mail to:

michaelmanninginfo@GMail.com
I trust that you will pass along this information to everyone you know to help make this event a success.

All the best,
Enid~

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'll start working out now, for when I'm invited to a cookout at nekkid island.

Tai said...

Carl Sagan. Excellent choice!

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Lynda - Carl Sagan was a noted astronomer and scientist best known for his PBS series "Cosmos" and also his sci-fi book & movie "Contact". He also worked at JPL and with NASA on the Mariner, Viking, Voyager & Galileo space probes and the Apollo missions...

Pobble - My heart goes out to you...

Enid - I understand why I would like to go to Fiji (it's 25 degrees F. with six inches of snow outside right now), but would Fiji be all that different from the tropical paradise you already live in...

Gnightgirl - There's an open invitation for you anytime...

Tai - Knowing how much you like the sciences, I thought you would appreciate that one...

kimber said...

Fresh, soft bread - yes.
An outrigger in Fiji - yes.
Carl Sagan - yes.
Shoot the angel of death - laughing out loud.

Dagoth said...

Kimber

I believe in "do unto others before they do unto you"...