Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Book Meme

1) A book that changed my life: I would have to say it was "My Side of the Mountain" that I read over and over again as a very young lad. It really stirred in me a love for the woods and surviving in the wild.

2) A book I've read more than once: There would be several answers to this but I guess I'll go with "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, The Unbeliever" by Stephen R. Donaldson since it's my favorite.

3) A book I'd take to a desert island: "Lord of the Rings"

4) A book that made me laugh: Funny, no single book stands out in this category, so I'd have to say all of them at some point. I don't generally read books of a comedic nature.

5) A book that made me cry: Never.

6) A book I wish I had written: "The Earth's Children Series" by Jean M. Auel mostly because I would have liked to have been involved in the archeological study that was used to garner information to create the series.

7) A book that should never have been written: Is there really any such thing.

8) A book I'm currently reading: "The Wheel of Time Series" by Robert Jordan which it seems like I've been reading forever.

9) A book I'm planning to read: "The Wayfarer Redemption" by Sara Douglass.

7 comments:

Hope said...

Answer to Number 7: Anything written by Faulkner!

Tenacious T said...

A book that made me laugh - The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson. Not a comedy, but you can't help but laugh at the comedy of self-induced errors.
A book that made me cry - The Black Stallion. I never wanted it to end. I would read it over and over as a child.

Tai said...

OOOOH!!!

I'm running off to my blog tomorrow to use this.

It's brilliant...especially the Auel reference.

I read Clan of the Cave Bear in grade 7 (so did Spider and Kimber and Pol of course!) and it really became an important fixture in our lives.
Thanks for reminding me of it!

BostonPobble said...

I can't think of a single book that didn't need to be written. Can think of several I wish I hadn't *read* lol...

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Hope - I seem to remember reading some Faulkner in high school but can't really remember it, so I guess that answers that...

T - Believe it or not, I've never read The Black Stallion...

Tai - You didn't mention that when I did a post that was half about The Earths Children Series...I thought you would like this meme....

Pobble - I've never met a book I didn't like, I guess I've been lucky, or good at choosing what I know I will like...

Belizegial said...

A book that made me laugh
From the Caribbean's Women Writers series "Beka Lamb" An award-winning novel about Beka, a young girl from Belize, and a habitual liar who would like to reform her wayward ways. The author is Zee Edgell who grew up in Belize City.

A book that made me cry, Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind.

A book that I wish I had written The Harry Potter best selling Series written by author, Joanne K Rowling.

Spider Walk said...

I feel so inadequate with all the book talk!

Anyone up for some Curiuos George Goes To The Circus???