Saturday, August 05, 2006

Righteous Geekdom

You are not a geek





You are not into anything typically considered geeky. In fact, you probably make fun of every geek you see. Come to think of it, you're probably that serial killer who has been killing all of those nerds.


Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com

I'm sorry I just can't agree with this assessment. I have always been good at hiding my geekyness though. In high school I had long hair, wore an army coat and hung out with a rough crowd, none of my friends knew I was in the chess club. On the first day I walked into the chess club the first geek I encountered said, "you know you're in the chess club, don't you?" Boy did I enjoy beating him.

I am also an A+ Certified PC repair technician which I earned going to school for computer systems administration. This quiz says I'm not geeky at all just because I don't enjoy their particular video games. I was crushing computerized chess games before most people knew what a computer was. I bought my first computer in 1980 it was Commodore VIC 20. I am fluent in just about every operating system there is including Linux and UNIX.

I work in Mechanical Engineering, and everyone knows we are all geeks, including the IT department. Yes I own pocket protectors! I never thought I would have to defend my geekyness, when I have spent so many years covering it up. I guess it's time to come out of the wiring closet. I would like to thank Spider Walk for posting this test, though I still would like to protest their assessment...

Excuse me, but I'm going to watch Star Trek now...

12 comments:

Spider Walk said...

Hahahaaa!!

That quiz and the FACT that I am geekier than you really hit a nerve, didn't it Dagoth?
;)

Star Trek!
Yeah!!

Spider Walk said...

Just for good measure...

You are a super geek

You are into everything that is geeky – which is hard because there are so many types of geeks. You are very smart and have a great imagination. People who call you a geek are just jealous, right?

Dagoth said...

Hi Spidey

Ok, You win this round "Darth Spider" but beware my evil minions will have their revenge!!! Muuuuuuhhhaaaaaawwww!!!

kimber said...

"Boy did I enjoy beating him."

Oh my god, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. :D Geeks rule!

Hope said...

You got this because you were geeky enough to outsmart the test! Geeks rule!

Spider Walk said...

LMAO @ "Darth Spider"
:)

Minions??
Bring em on matey.

I am GEEK. I RULE the WORLD!!!

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Kimber - I surprised a lot of the "Geeks" in the chess club, but then again never judge a book by it's cover...

Hope - It really could have been a better test...

Spidey - What is that? I am Geek hear me roar!...:)

Spider Walk said...

Seriously,
I am greatly impressed with your computer knowledge. I must admit the test must be flawed. I am afraid I have erroneously achieved Super Geekdom status.

I honestly don't the difference between a CPU and a gigabyte :)

Dagoth said...

Hi Spidey

Don't underestimate your abilities, you do a lot of things with your webpages that would intimidate alot of people. Over the years I have helped quite a few people with their computers and using software and believe me when I say "you are far up the ladder compared to many I have known"....besides there is more to being the "Queen Geek" than just knowing computers, maybe you just have that "taped horn rimmed glasses" style about you...:P

BostonPobble said...

"In high school I had long hair, wore an army coat and hung out with a rough crowd, none of my friends knew I was in the chess club."



I think I'm in love...

While I am more nerd than geek, it's a great life!

Josh said...

Mine said not really geeky :(

btw I have actully rented all 3 LOTR (if you know what that is, you are somewhat nerdy) and watched them all in a row. Extended versions no less.

Nerds rule the world!!

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Pobble - Happy to be the object of your affliction...there really is a fine line between nerd & geek...

Liz - I "own" all three extended versions of LOTR and it's fairly sad how many times I've watched all three in a row....