Thursday, August 03, 2006

Letter from the Heart

Well the heat has finally subsided somewhat around here, at least It's cool enough that I can Blog with the light on. I had planned on mowing my lawn yesterday but when I passed the bank on my way home from work it said 97, and with a heat index of 106, I decided it probably wasn't a good idea. I checked out the weather channel and they said it was going to be much cooler come the weekend, so that pretty much decided it, no mowing last night.

I received a letter in the mail tonight from my girlfriend "J's" daughter "E". I posted a little while ago that I had ran into her sister "K" when I found her working at the drive thru at a fast food restaurant. It sure was nice to hear from her, since I hadn't talked to her since Christmas.

In the letter "E" mentions that she was in a car accident. She was up on the interstate where she was cutoff, lost control, went thru the median and hit an SUV. She said the accident was pretty bad, but no one was seriously hurt, and the vehicles were trashed. She asked me if I heard about it because it was on TV and in the newspaper, I hadn't (I don't watch the news), and it's probably best that I didn't because I surely would have freaked out. I don't know if I could handle something like that happening again.

"E" also mentions that she's been getting piercings. She now has her tongue, collarbone, and nose pierced and is getting her belly button pierced on Friday. She says "her family doesn't like her piercings, but she really doesn't care", and that "She knows her mom would like them, as she liked the things "E" liked, weird things." Yes I know "J" would have liked them, because she did like weird things... like me...

Be safe out there...


7 comments:

Hope said...

It must have been terrifying to hear she'd been in a car accident. I am so glad that she was not hurt! And a little weird is good for the soul!

Spider Girl said...

I was once watching the news and the way they described the car and driver I couldn't help but wonder if it was a friend of mine involved.

It wasn't and I was much relieved...but it was creepy watching tv and not really knowing.

By the way, it's now cool enough to mow the lawn where I am but the recent heat wave effectively has kept my grass pleasingly short. :)

Spider Walk said...

Good news that she is alive, and piercing away. I have to agree. There are worse things to do to your body than get a piercing here or there. I have 5 myself :)
I have never heard of collarbone piercing though?
*takes notes*

I bet hearing from her not only stirred up protective emotions about her, but also welled up some sadness and longing in your heart for J.
((((Hugs))))

Are you doing ok?

Tai said...

Wow...so glad she's okay.

Spider Girl's refering to me...I do believe.

She called me with a fearful tone and said she was glad I was okay, then told me about the accident she had seen on the news.

It's always to close to be comfortable.

Dagoth said...

Thanks Guys

Hope - Yes I'm actally glad I didn't hear about it on the news I would have probably freaked out...or as my best friend once called me "strange & exotic"...:)

Spider - I've found the best way to deal with it is just to not watch the news altogether...mowed my lawn this morning and after 2 weeks it was really bad, I dont think mines slowed down at all...

Spidey - I'm all good with piercings, I just don't care for nose piercings, I have never heard of a collar bone piercing either but I suppose you can get anything pierced...Yes I'm doing ok...:)

Tai - Yes I know what you mean, I really don't want to hear about anyone I know getting into a car accident...Stick with airplanes...

Josh said...

At least piercings go away for the most part, not like tattoos.

Dagoth said...

Thanks Liz

I have both (three tatoos and 1 piercing) and I put an earing in for the first time in a year to go to the medieval faire and was surprized that the hole hadn't closed up...I hate it when the hole closes up...